Spinach Fruit Blend
2012 Date Festival Recipe Contest - 3rd Place Winner - Salad
Beth Ann Davis, Indio, CA
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups organic spring uk replica watches sale mix
- 5 large strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 large can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Deglet Noor dates, sliced
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar of Modena
- 1/2 cup soya oil
- 1/4 tsp each: sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Whisk together vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in soy oil until emulsified. Set aside.
In a large bowl, toss greens together. Add sliced strawberries and mandarine oranges. Sprinkle blue cheese on top. Toss salad with enough vinaigrette to moisten. Serve immediately.