Smoked Duck and Apple Salad with Dates and Pecans
- 12 oz Mixed Baby Greens
- 15 oz Date Vinaigrette
- 3 oz Red Onions, thinly sliced
- 1 lb 8 oz Tart apples, peeled, cored, thinly sliced
- 12 oz Smoked Duck breast meat, shredded
- 6 oz Pecans halves, toasted
- 24 California Dates, whole, pitted
- 1/3 cup Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1 cup Extra-Virgin olive oil
- 3 oz California Dates, chopped
- 1/3 cup Mint, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vinaigrette Instructions Mix vinegar and honey together. Slowly whisk in oil. Stir in dates, mint and salt and pepper to taste. Let dressing stand at least two hours before using.
- Toss mixed baby greens with 6 tablespoons of Vinaigrette and put onto 12 salad plates. Scatter red onions over greens. Arrange equal number of apple slices in a concentric circle; top with shredded duck and pecan halves. Cut dates into slivers and springle atop salad. Drizzle with Vinaigrette.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment