Moroccan Lamb Shanks with Dates
- 4 Lamb Shanks
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
Mix and Mash Together (use mortar):
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- hot harissa paste
- 14 oz diced tomatoes
- 2 cups cans (14oz) Chicken Broth, low sodium
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cups sliced Deglet Noor Dates
- 1 can lentils, drained
- Brown lamb shanks French Style in olive oil.
- Take out browned shanks and add 2 red onions that are cut into wedges
- Brown for 5 minutes then mix all the spices above with diced tomatoes, chicken stock and cinnamon stick.
- Cook in flameproof casserole and put into 275 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Add dates and lentils then cook for 1 additional hour at 275 degrees.
- Serve over Rice Pilaf
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment