Decadent Chocoate Date Torte
- 1 12 oz package Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup Butter or Margarine
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup California Dates, chopped
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 3 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate
- 2 tbsp Butter or Margarine
- Whipped Cream
- California Dates, whole and pitted
- Chocolate Curls
- Stir chocolate chips and butter in top of double boiler over simmering water just until melted. Meanwhile, beat eggs and sugar on high speed with electric mixer until very light and pale, about 5 minutes. Gently fold chopped dates, flour, vanilla and chocolate mixture into the eggs. Pour into greased and floured 9 inch round baking pan. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, or until edges are set but center is still soft.
- Cool in pan. Loosen edges and transfer to serving plate. Pour Chocolate Glaze over torte; spread to cover top. Pipe whipped cream with a pastry bag or spoon whipped cream decoratively around sides and top edges of torte. Nest whole dates in whipped cream around top edges. Sprinkle with chocolate curls. Cut into thin slices to serve.
- Chocolate Glaze: Melt ingredients in top of double boiler over simmering water. Stir to blend. Keep warm.