Date and Poppy Seed Pancakes
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 cup California Dates, chopped
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbs poppy seeds
- In a mixing bowl, stir together buttermilk, dates, butter and egg to blend well.
- Combine remaining ingredients; stir into buttermilk, mixing lightly with a fork (do not try to smooth out all of the lumps).
- Heat skillet; spoon batter onto skillet allowing about 3 Tbsp of batter for each. Fry until golden brown, turn once.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve with fresh fruit or syrup.
- Variation: For Waffles, add 2 Tbsp of buttermilk to batter. Bake in waffle iron according to manufacture's instructions.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment