Date and Apricot Wild Rice Stuffing
- 1 cup California Dates
- 2 cup Wild Rice
- 1 Apple peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 stalks Celery chopped
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1/2 tsp Dried Thyme
- 2/3 cup Ham diced
- 1/2 cup Dried Apricots sliced
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Rinse rice. Bring to a boil about four cups of water. Add rice and cook at a rolling boil for 40 minutes with lid off, or until rice is tender. Drain. Meanwhile, saute onions and celery in butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes, or until soft. Stir in rosemary and thyme and remove from heat. In a large bowl combine rice with onion-cerely mixture and remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon into a buttered 2 quart baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, or until hot.
- Alternatively, use this to stuff a turkey, chicken or Cornish hen. Allow 1/2 cup stuffing for each pound of meat.