Caramelized Deglet Noor Date and Three Apple Salad with Seared Foie Gras
- 2 cup California date, julienne
- 1 red delicious, McIntosh
- 1 granny smith
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 pound chanterelles mushrooms
- 10 oz microgreens
- 1 cup leeks, crisp
- 12 slices parmesan cheese
- 4 sonoma valley foie gras, seared
- 1/2 cup California date-apple vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup rosemary oil
- 2 sprigs rosemary, fresh
- 4 cups apple cider
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Ina medium saucepan add apple cider and 1 cup of dates and reduce by 2/3. Then place in a blender and blend until smooth. Strain through a chinos, place back in the blender and slowly add the olive oil. Set aside and let cool.
- Cut McIntosh and Red Delicious apples into wedges. Heat sauté pan and add 1 ½ oz butter and 1-½ tablespoons sugar, McIntosh apples, and remaining dates.
- In another hot sauté pan sear Chanterelles Mushrooms in very little butter. Caramelize the wedges of Red Delicious apples with remaining butter on sheet pan in a 500º degree oven.
- Cut leeks into 2-inch julienne and fry at 330 degrees in peanut oil, season with salt and pepper. Julienne the Granny Smith Apples. In a bowl, add date-apple mix, Granny Smith apples, with the chanterelle mushrooms, micro-greens, and date-apple vinaigrette.
- Place the caramelized Red Delicious apple in a circle in the center of the plate, top with salad mix, then Parmesan, Seared Sonoma Valley Foie Gras, leeks and rosemary.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment