California Date Crusted Veal Loin with Truffle and Date Risotto, Hericot Vertes, Prosciutto, Port Wine Sauce and Yellow Tomato Coulis
- 2 oz olive oil
- 6 oz veal loin
- 2 oz date crust
- 3 oz hericot vertes
- 3 oz risotto
- 1 oz California dates, julienne
- 1 oz prosciutto, julienne
- 1 oz cream
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 tsp diced shallots
- 1 oz fresh parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 oz port wine sauce
- 1 oz yellow tomato coulis
- Start with a 6 ½ oz - 7 oz piece of veal loin and remove the silver and any excess fat. Prepare Date crust by taking about 2 ounces of soft *Date Puree and spread evenly around veal loin.
- Season loin with a dash of salt and pepper; roll the veal in a mixture of seasoned crushed garlic croutons. Heat 1 oz olive oil in a sauté pan, and sear veal loin on both sides to a light golden brown.
- Place veal into aluminum pie pan and place in the oven at 350º degrees for about five to eight minutes roasting to your liking. While the veal is roasting, you can simply sauté the hericot vertes and prosciutto in olive oil or butter, season, and set aside.
- Heat 1 oz olive oil in sauté pan; add shallots, garlic, and julienne Dates. Sauté until the shallots are transparent. Add cream and risotto. Heat and toss in parmesan cheese, then season to taste.
- When veal reaches desired temperature, remove it from the oven.
- Arrange plate by placing 3-4 ounces in middle, with 3 ounces of hericot vertes on top of risotto. Cut veal in half diagonally, and cross them together over beans. Ladle sauces around.
- *Date PureeIf no date puree is available, take whole pitted dates and blend with a small amount of water to make a thin paste.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment