Blue Cheese & Almond Stuffed California Dates with Chive Oil
This recipe was created by Andie Hubka, Cooking with Class for our 2011 Romancing the Plate with the Perfect Date luncheon held during Palm Desert Fashion Week / Food & Wine event.
- 12 large California dates, pitted
- 2 3oz packages cave-aged Blue Cheese, Maytag brand
- 2 tbsp Almonds, sliced & toasted
- 4 tbsp Chives, chopped
- 1 clove Garlic
- 3/4 cup extra virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Slice dates lengthwise, on one side only; taking care to not cut all the way through. Fill the date cavity with about 1/2 teaspoon blue cheese. Add a sliver of almond atop blue cheese on each date and arrange dates in the baking pan.
- Meanwhile, add chives, garlic, oil, salt and pepper in a blender or use an immersion blender to process until chives have been completely eviscerated and the chive oil has a consistent, not chunky texture.
- Bake dates until warm and cheese is slightly melted, about 8 minutes. Serve warm, with chive oil drizzled below and on top.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave A Comment